Scott Kirsner moderated two panels during the event; the first with three Veture Capitalists and the second with five entrepreneurs.
The first panel consisted of:
– Michael Greeley, General Partner, Flybridge Capital Partners
– Bijan Sabet, General Partner, Spark Capital
– Neil Sequiera, Managing Director, General Catalyst Partners
The second panel consisted of:
– Mike Dornbrook, COO, Harmonix Music Systems (makers of “Rock Band”)
– Helen Greiner, co-founder of iRobot Corp. and founder of The Droid Works
– Brian Halligan, social media expert and CEO of HubSpot
– Tim Healy, CEO of EnerNOC
– Ellen Rubin, Founder & VP/Product of CloudSwitch
Show of hands at the beginning was that 100% of the people were optimistic about the recovery and the future. Nice discussion though after leaving the session, I don’t get the feeling that anyone addressed the question “What’s next in tech” head on. Most of the conversation was about what has happened in tech and a lot of discussion about Twitter and Facebook. There were a lot of questions to the panel from the audience about what their companies were doing to help young entrepreneurs.And for an audience that was supposed to contain people interested in “what’s next”, no one wanted the DVD of the book, everyone wanted the paper copies. Hmm …
There has been a lot of interesting discussion about the topic and the event. One that caught my eye was Larry Cheng’s blog.